Quickly jump to an answer:
- WHY CAN'T I FIND SOMEONE?
- How do I update my profile?
- How do I cancel my account?
- How do I take a break from AgelessDating and take my profile offline?
- How do I block another member from contacting me?
- How do I block blog posts from a member I dislike?
- How do I change my screen name?
- How do I upload a picture?
- How do I reduce the size of a picture?
- How do I make a picture my main picture?
- How do I appear offline to prevent instant chats?
- How do I switch on/off new message notifications?
- How do I delete private messages?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change the time setting for my profile?
- How do I help promote this site?
- Why can't I find my own profile when searching?
- Why am I restricted to 1 search every 5 seconds?
- I registered but never got an activation e-mail
- I forgot my password
- I can't see all my messages
- I get an upgrade message when trying to send a message to another member
- Is it possible to remove the 300 character message limit?
- Instant chat is not working!
- My Profile Badge will not update
- Can deleted messages be recovered?
- Do I need to logout when leaving AgelessDating.com?
- Searching returns no results
- The system won't let me send any more messages
- When viewing profiles, NOTHING is displayed when I click on the various tabs!
- Why are there ads on the site?
- Terms of Service / Terms & Conditions
AgelessDating Main Site FAQ
The number one reason people fail for find someone on this site is down to lack of information in their member profile. Far too many people leave profile fields with their default settings and upload no pictures of themselves. Then they wonder why no one is interested in communicating with them! Members who are reluctant to reveal any details about themselves are viewed with extreme suspicion and ultimately have an unfulling experience on AgelessDating.
To modify your profile click the MY PROFILE menu option in the blue menu bar at the top of each page. Complete the fields and try to describe yourself as creatively as possible. Humour goes a long way... When you are finished don't forget to click the "Submit" button to save your changes.
Spend 5 minutes updating your profile today and watch your popularity explode!!!
First of all, check your junk mail folder. Hotmail and other free e-mail services frequently update their spam filters. Then check that you can receive e-mails. We frequently receive notification of failed e-mail delivery because an e-mail address is invalid or the account has exceeded its storage capacity. Before contacting us, test your e-mail address and make sure you can receive messages to the e-mail address specified during the AgelessDating sign up process.
If you have checked the above and still have not received an activation e-mail then use the "Contact Us" menu option.
Click MY PROFILE in the blue menu bar at the top of every page. Make changes as required and then click the Submit button to save. There are a number of tabs on the profile page which enable you to change your e-mail address, password, message notification settings, etc.
By mistake, many people select the orange "VIEW PROFILE " (read only) menu option on the left hand side of each page.
First of all don't cancel your account because we are the best site out there. You can also take a break from AgelessDating by taking your profile offline.
Ok, if you have to cancel then simply click on "MY PROFILE " in the menu at the top of the page, then click on the "Account" tab and finally click the "Delete" button.
IMPORTANT: If you pay for a Pro Account then please cancel your subscription to AgelessDating.com via your PayPal account. Otherwise, payment will be automatically sent to us at the beginning of each new subscription period.
As you can see we don't make it difficult to cancel! You have the ability to cancel your own account and cancel your PayPal subscription if you are a Pro account member.
You can now control the online status of your account, useful if you want to take a break from AgelessDating. Click on "Modify profile" in the Member's menu and then click on the "Settings" tab in the top right hand corner of the display. The very last setting is "My profile status" which you can change to offline or online.
Our search system excludes the profile of the person conducting the search. In other words, you cannot search for your own member profile.
There is a new Member's menu option that lets you decide whether you appear on or offline. Appear offline when you don't want to chat to anyone.
- Click MY PROFILE from the blue menu bar at the top of every page
- Click on the Settings tab
- Change the value of "Notify of new PMs" to either Yes or No
- Click the Submit button to save changes.
Message notification enhancements are part of the site upgrade. Once switched off you will not receive any further notifications. Please note that messages are queued for delivery so it may take up to 1 hour before the changes take effect.
The message counter displays all the messages you have sent and received. When you view your messages you will notice there is an "INBOX" and "SENT" menu option. The combination of messages in these two folders makes up your total message count.
When someone replies to a message, the original contents is NOT appended to the end of a message. This makes it difficult to distinguish a reply from a new message. As the vast majority of AgelessDating users have free accounts we have to keep our costs as low as possible. For this purpose the messaging system has been designed to keep messages as lean as possible and avoid unnecessary bloat.
- Select either the Inbox or Sent folder by clicking on their respective tabs in the Messages display.
- Click in the check box on the right of each message you want to delete. A tick will appear in the check box next to each message.
- Click the "Delete selected" link at the bottom right of the Messages display.
Unfortunately, deleted messages cannot be recovered. As AgelessDating is mostly a free resource, we use a proprietry messaging system that is designed to conserve space. Messages are deleted in real time, they are not stored in a trash folder.
With a free account you can:
1) Store up to 50 messages in total, including sent messages;
2) Send up to 10 messages per day.
If you exceed any combination of these limits then you will not be able to send any further messages.
You will need to delete some of your old messages if you have exceeded your storage limit.
Sign up for Pro account membership and these limitations will be reomoved from your account!
With a free account you can send up to 10 messages per day. To send up to 200 messages per day you need to upgrade to a Pro account.
Yes, the 300 character limit can be upgraded to 2000 if you sign up for Pro Account membership.
Don't worry. Just click on the "Forgot password" link under the login box on the left hand side of each page.
Select MY PROFILE from the blue menu bar at the top of every page. Then select the Account tab, change your password and then click the Submit button.
- Click MY PROFILE in blue menu bar at top of every page
- Click Settings tab
- Change "Your time zone" as desired
- Click Submit button to save changes
1) Make sure you are logged into the site.
2) There are thousands of men and women registered on AgelessDating. If no results are being returned by the search function then it is because there are no profiles that meet your specific search criteria. Try searching again with less specific criteria. To test the search function select "man" for the "I am" field and then "woman" for the "Seeking a" fields. Then click the "Submit" button. This will result in many pages of results.
Members with free accounts are limited to a maximum of 1 search every 5 seconds. Pro Account members have unlimited search capabilities. To conduct a search on our site you must be logged into your account!
Easy! Simply click on "MY PROFILE " on the blue menu bar at the top of every page. Then click on "ACCOUNT" menu option and you will see a text box called screen name.
A lot of people seem to have difficulty uploading a picture of themselves. However, it is a relatively easy process when you know how. The following assumes you have taken a picture with a digital camera and transferred it to your computer:
- Click on the orange "PICTURES" link in the members menu on the left hand side of each page;
- Click "ADD PICTURE" tab near the top of the page;
- Enter a short description in the "Description" text box;
- Click the "Browse" button and locate the picture you want to upload. Use your mouse to navigate the folders on your computer until you reach the folder that contains the picture;
- Click on the picture you want to upload and then click the "Open" button to select it;
- If the picture contains adult material then mark it as such by selecting "Yes" in the "Is this an adult picture" drop down box;
- Click the "Submit" button.
All pictures must now be approved by AgelessDating before they are displayed on the site and you should allow up to 2 working days. If your picture does not appear after this time then it has been rejected. We have changed our policy on nudity and are now only accept mildly pornographic pictures, this is mostly to allow nudity that is artistically displayed. We do not accept anything we would consider to be hard core pornography like a straight forward close up of genitalia, etc.
You can upload pictures that are no larger than 500kb.
To reduce the size of a picture you need to use an image editing application. Large pictures are scorned upon on the web as they are slow to download and take up unnecessary bandwidth. People with slow internet connections will not wait for a large picture to download and will avoid viewing such pictures.
A picture with excellent resolution suitable for the web should be no larger than 75Kb. People generally don't want to see gigantic pictures!
You can download a FREE image editing application like GIMP
Just click on "PICTURES" from your member menu on the left hand side of each page. You will see your list of pictures. To change your primary image just click the "Set as primary" link next to the picture you want to use.
We cannot take action against members who contact you and are polite, even if you believe their intentions are not genuine. Either ignore the messages and delete them or block them from contacting you.
If you receive an unsolicited message requesting contact via an off site e-mail address and/or phone number then use the "Report abuse" feature of this website to report the violator. In this instance, please copy the contents of message received into the "Report Abuse" form before submitting it to us. Messages of this nature should be treated with suspicion and we advise you to ignore them and make no attempt to communicate with the sender.
How to block a member:
1) Search for the screen name of the member you want to block and then view their profile.
2) Click the "Block member" icon on the right hand side of the page and confirm you want to block the member by clicking the "OK" button.
Once blocked, a member will be unable to contact you through the AgelessDating website.
You can view a list of all blocked members by clicking on the "BLOCKED" members menu option.
The badge uses your primary picture. To change the picture click on "Pictures" in the Member's menu options on the left hand side of the home page. Then click the "Set as primary" option next to the picture you want as your primary profile picture.
Most web browsers cache images to make pages load faster. When an image is updated a browser may not display the new version instantly. Complete the following steps to fix this issue:
1) View your badge by clicking the "YOUR PROFILE BADGE" members menu option;
2) Check or uncheck the details you want to appear on your badge;
3) Click on the "Generate" button;
4) Click on the "Refresh" button. If your image has not updated then click your browsers refresh button to reload the images cached by your browser. The badge will update after this.
If no errors are displayed and the only problem is that no one is replying then the person you are trying to chat to may be off-line or not responding.
The need to logout is dependent on a number of factors:
- If your computer is shared by more than one person and privacy is a concern then it is prudent to logout when you exit the site. The Logout option can be found in the Member's menu on the left hand side of the home page.
When viewing all blogs, you can now block all posts from a specific member by clicking on the "Block" button. The blocked member will be added to your "Blocked" list in the Member's menu.
AgelessDating.com is completely free to use and enjoy. Unfortunately, great websites cost money to build and maintain so we support our free members by displaying adverts. When members visit the advertised sites everybody wins! However, if you really don't want to view any ads you can always just upgrade to a Pro account.
Well thank you for asking! The best way is to tell your friends. You can use the links on your personal homepage to tell your friends by e-mail or by posting the link in blogs or in your online profiles like MySpace or Facebook. You can also help us by bookmarking us using the "Spread the Word" links on the left side of the site.